Saturday, August 14, 2010

Asian Influence

Hi there! I hope this post finds you well and finding more time to craft than I do! Sometimes it's a little difficult to stamp and/or cut with a gorgeous 3yo who wants to do everything you are doing with those oh-so-sharp - *divine* - Tim Holtz scissors! I'm thinking I'll need to have some late night sessions to get the few birthday cards that need doing by the end of this month. I'm sure many can relate to everything I'm saying here!

The card I am posting today is being entered into the CPS Sketch challenge179 which looks like this:




My take on this sketch :



The patterned paper I have used is from two different sheets by Australian designer Alison Ellis - Eastern Elements - Wind Medley and Eastern Elements - Earth Block. This range is beautiful. 

I have used a Martha Stewart punch combo Deco Fan (shell) - one punch cuts the corner and the other punches the edges. I haven't seen these locally, so I purchased this online from Scrapbook Boutique

I hand made the flower and the organdie ribbon and cardstock are from my stash. 

The cute Happy Birthday stamp is from The {Stamps} of Life set, banners4all and I used Versamark ink with Alison Ellis Design gold sparkle embossing powder.

To round the corners I used the We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper.

My twins play in a football semi final tomorrow, so I better get some sleep - plenty of cheering to be done early in the day!


May your day be filled with inspiration,









2 comments:

  1. Beautiful oriental card & I love that handmade flower :)

    Hugs
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Trexxie. I know what you mean about getting time to craft. I usually hide in my craft room and shut the door! Judith :)

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for leaving a comment - you've just brightened my day! :)

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips