Wednesday, April 23, 2014

A Short Week.

Hi There!

Please tell me I am not alone in getting caught out with all the public holidays that surround Easter! Unfortunately I realised too late (ie. Wednesday afternoon) that I had not left enough time to create an Easter card and send it off in time to reach interstate before Friday. Crazy! I tried to quickly get one made before the evening so it would have a chance, but as the creative process progressed there was a need for glossy accents that required drying time....d'oh!

Hopefully the recipients will like their card nevertheless - it's the thought that counts...right???


I simply adore this full sized card die Mini Chicken Wire Die-namics from My Favorite Things - it offers so much versatility. I diecut the white cardstock and popped out the corresponding hexagons in order to replace them with dark cardstock inlaid to create the shape of a crucifix. The sentiment was cut on my Silhouette and covered with clear A Wink of Stella and a touch of my handwriting is showing! I then adhered sequins to each hexagon with glossy accents - they really look effective in person. I have to say, the sequin trend did not really appeal to me at first....and then you start to see them about the place....and you fall in love! What can I say?!

Have a great day. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for leaving a comment - you've just brightened my day! :)

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips